Sunday 23 October 2016

Street snap!

Another London Street Photography Meetup, another street market and the mayhem and mess has me stumped! My strategy to deal with all the visual noise is to simplify with monochrome but Polly has set up a doozy of a challenge, and colour is key.

 

Firstly we have to find reoccurring colour in multiple people, this has me stalking people wearing red or pink, and to a lesser extent, blue, which doesn’t look odd at all! The guy in the red and black tracksuit was rather mellow enjoying a herbal cigarette but I wasn’t too sure how much he’d enjoyed being captured on camera – gulp!

 

 

Polly’s second challenge was to throw matching patterns in the mix, and then when our heads were about to explode – she added human/not-human (for example, man vs. mannequin!) Well, to look on the bright side I didn’t have the 350+ shots to scrutinise like last week, but instead less than 50 to peruse. However, two thirds of my efforts got binned pretty sharpish and this is all that remains!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment