Tuesday 28 April 2015

Day 118: bells of blue

In previous years I’ve been off to Norfolk or deepest Kent exploring bluebell woods trying to get the perfect sprig bluebells shot. Maybe a spot of intentional camera movement with the perfect vertical slender tree trunks and counterpointed with the soldier stems of the flowers. Or instead I’d try and find a dense carpet of them and immerse myself in all that blue. But I don’t actually have to go far. The skinny strip of wasteland squeezing in between the parked cars and the hedges protecting the immaculate bowling green is currently awash with bluebells and, what I recently learnt, fairy bells. I would normally veer towards the white but for a change I concentrated on the violet, lilac tones of the blue bells, ably assisted by the ubiquitous close-up filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment