Monday 12 January 2015

Day 12: Secret floor

When L(a) is armed with her wheely case full of tablets for her treasure hunts, she often uses the lift at Westminster station. I'd never been in it before and the exciting bit was her pointing out the hidden half floors. In between the floors you can get out of, seem to be some curious low ceilinged rooms with a door on the far wall. There's nothing in the room bar a video camera and a couple of signs on the wall. I'm assuming they are something to do with maintenance of the station. I think it took my fancy because it reminds me of the 7 1/2 floor in a Manhattan tower block leading to a secret portal in Being John Malkovich. Or perhaps, platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross and definitely reminiscent of Narnia. I dreamt of discovering a secret passage as a child. I read a story that if you pushed a carved wooden acorn on a fireplace , a secret panel would slide back revealing a room beyond. The wardrobe in Narnia was beyond exciting, and I was always checking out large cupboards just in case. I'm pretty confident I can't sneak into the secret floor to explore I'll just have to squint through the square window.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment