Friday 7 March 2014

Reflecting on the OXO Tower

There's something about this building. I'm always elevated when I catch sight of it, peeking out from behind other buildings, on the skyline or a glimpse as you cross over the walkway from Waterloo station to Waterloo East on the way to London Bridge. I've had some great times there, fine cocktails, delicious food and fabulous company but that's not the reason.

There's something iconic and retro about it, timeless and unique. Tonight I was dangerously close but couldn't get a good photograph and then I spotted this reflection in a window.

I have a flashback to trying some ICM (intentional camera movement) shots from Waterloo Bridge last year, and finding it crucial to get a definable image of the OXO tower on the horizon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment