Tuesday 24 December 2013

Day 359: Happy Penguin Christmas

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me ...nine ladies dancing, eight maids a milking, seven penguins skating...seven? Not exactly my true loves but thanks to the very kind E(D) and LLcT I have this shiny new penguin interloper to join the throng/flock/gang (as mentioned previously, there doesn't seem to be a designated collective term for penguins). I thought I would carefully arrange them in front of my Christmas card based on the Narnia-esque view from my front window earlier this year, to show them off.

They really didn't want to all stand up and seriously tested me but eventually they were all in a row and with my tripod I could get the picture I wanted. I needed some extra light do had yo use my iPhone again. I purchased a wonderful off-camera flash over a month ago but the delivery company managed to not deliver it to me. Nor could I discover any attempt they made to do so. (I won't name them but they share their name with a Greek god and a considerably more reliable designer handbag maker) I set myself this fiddly project before going down to the conservatory for a celebratory Christmas lunch. I suspected lunch was going to be fabulous and it truly was! Happy Penguin Christmas everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment