Saturday 21 December 2013

Day 355 : rainbow cab

Okay this is getting a bit of a theme, I'm sat in the back of a black taxi and outside it’s pouring down, yet again. The traffic is heavy and we’re being flanked by a big red bus. I've spotted that as we approach a red traffic light the taxi cab is permeated with a scarlet glow. The green light isn't so interesting, so I wait for the next red light. And then by happy accident a police car inches past us, all blues and twos. Now the whole scene is suffused with blue from the flashing lights, red from the stop light, yellow from the headlights, green from the other lights and I have to capture this moment. I particularly like the way the lights profiled the cab drivers face and we’re briefly bathed in a vibrant rainbow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment