Monday 4 November 2013

Day 308 : just waiting for that tube

Whenever I find myself at Westminster tube station I come over all architecture-y and monochrome. There’s something so majestic about the tall, smooth concrete pillars and ceiling of grey. The stacked escalators, the industrial lighting, the utility pipes, silver, dark grey, mid grey, light grey. Maybe not fifty shades but perhaps thirty!

I’d taken my usual escalator shots, potential passengers hurrying hither and thither but nothing particularly new. I still had my camera slung round my neck stood on the platform waiting for the next homebound Richmond tube. I glanced across to the eastbound platform, and the rather crowded bench caught my eye and I was very keen to capture the moment. I'm not sure why I was so taken with this shot but something grabbed me about the way they all seemed crammed together in anticipation of the next tube. I couldn't ascertain whether they are bosom buddies weary after a day out together in town or total strangers commuting home from work, but for now they are one. The lovely PR liked the fact that the two wearing trainers have crossed their ankles, the rest sporting boots haven't. I liked that the woman who is clutching the satchel bag on her lap appears to have the whitest teeth ever. I'm surprised that no one seemed to spot me taking their photo, but pleased they didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment