Friday 27 September 2013

Day 270 : the river runs red

I've finished for the day of client appointments at Canary Wharf and after a bit of essential shopping I'm going to head off for the wonderful CP’s leaving do in deepest Hackney. As I pass the clock lollipops and approach the entrance to Canary Wharf tube station I spot the sky looking delectably pink. I descend the steps to get closer to the water and see if I can grab a good reflection in the windows of the building lining the wharf and in the water itself. The sky gets redder and deeper hued and the river looks almost like its running with blood. I take my shot and as I leave I notice more people coming down the stairs to take their own shots. I turn around and am surprised how dissipated the pinky, red, orangey hues are and the sky now looks insipid. Looks like I was lucky with my timing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment