Thursday 5 September 2013

Day 248 : a silken strand

I took my camera and close up filters into our little garden out back. I was taking photographs of these tiny white bell-shaped flowers, and the detail was great but seemingly like most things in this weird little place they look past their best, brown and crispy around the edges and definitely not photogenic. I'm not sure why this is such a challenging place to photograph, it just seems a place where flowers and plants come to die.

I looked around, trying to find something that was interesting and not so ugly and finally a few strands of a cobweb catches my eye. The sunshine is making the silk strands sparkle against the darkness of a sprawling bush and the brick wall behind. It made a curiously minimal, abstract image.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment