Saturday 20 April 2013

Day 110 : overground, underground

We were due to catch some rays in St James’ Park as the much promised fine weather has turned up but my days tasks took longer than I'd expected so when unsurfaced at St James’ they'd already moved on to Battersea. I couldn't think of a sensible way to schlep over to Battersea via tube so I thought I'd walk to the main road and catch a taxi. As I approached I was struck my Westminster Abbey framed against the bluest of skies. The last vestiges of sun was turning the stonework honey coloured and you could just see the moon peering out from behind the gothic towers.

It occurred to me for the first time how the design of the Westminister underground station, where I was photographing last night on the way home, has such a synergy with the beautiful architecture above that coincidentally I was standing by the following day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment