Thursday 7 March 2013

Day 66 : ghostly tree

A quote from Elliott Erwitt really struck a chord this week “To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place.... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”

Elliot would be much more inclined to capture the perfect decisive and quirky moment with a dog, a poignant vignette of social commentary or just some glimpse at some eccentric characters he’s espied.

I'm positive this is not what would have caught Elliott’s eye. But I just noticed as I disembarked from the bus that if I waited for an oncoming car to come around the corner to illuminate this denuded tree, the ghostly shadows on the pavement made such a beautiful abstract image.

No comments:

Post a Comment