Saturday 2 March 2013

Day 61 : an egg cup, mini eggs and a miniature bunny

I’d had a vague idea that I wanted to try a little Easter tableau with some pastel Cadbury’s Mini Eggs, a white egg cup and a very tiny bunny. First I had to procure a set of HO small farm animals to get some bunnies. I'm sure the pigs and geese will come in handy for other scenes on another day.

I sorted through my various egg cups, I wanted perfectly unadorned white one but with some small interesting feature, this one I decided fit the bill. The lighting was a challenge, I really wanted the plain white background with a punch on the coloured eggs but no strong contrasty shadows. Im inspired by the elegantly shot images of a Donna Hay styled food images, always so much white. I set the camera up on the table top tripod and took shots whilst the sun was shielded by clouds, and again when it burst through. I think I prefer this version.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment